MycoBLOCK 1LB PF Tek Substrate Bag
MycoBLOCK™ 1LB PF Tek Substrate Bag starts with our PF Tek blend also known as BRF Tek or Brown Rice Flour, have been a staple in the mushroom growers pantry for around 2 decades now. Our PF MycoBLOCK™ 1LB Bags are just like our PF MycoTek™ Jars, except it’s in a bag. We’ve added our proprietary MycoMash™ Mushroom Bulker to the regular PF Tek mix and thrown it in a mushroom grow bag! You will get higher yields with our MycoMash™ added to the PF Tek recipe than you ever could without it!
We use 3 MIL thick polypropylene food grade bags with a 0.2 micron filter patch. Simply inoculate by injecting through your alcohol cleaned bag with your flame sterilized spore syringe and cover the hole with a piece of micropore tape. All independent test samples reported to have shown to begin mycelium growth between 4-7 days after injection with spore syringe when inoculating in our Inoculation Station™ inoculation chamber and following our instructions for 8 Steps to success and incubating in a MycoBROODER™ mushroom inoculation chamber.
Our MycoMash™ Mushroom Bulking Additive, is the first 100% natural mushroom bulking additive on the market. In fact, it’s the only one to date! When added to your PF Tek or Grain Spawn Jars or bags it can increase yields in PF Tek Jars by 50-75% and increase colonization in your grain spawn by up to 3 weeks!
Be sure to colonize following all sterilization methods when inoculating these bags. Remember, these bags are the perfect environment for fungal spores / mold spores, to colonize. Green, house mold, is most prevalent and 1 Billion of these mold spores can fit on the tip of a pen. So, when you think you’re safe, you’re not. Each order of MycoBLOCK™ Substrate Bags will come with instructions outlining multiple methods to inoculate and safety tips for sterilization including our 8 Steps to a Successful Inoculation. If you follow our step by step process, you will have a 100% success rate. If you miss 1 step, we cannot guarantee success, nor should you expect it. Remember, inoculation should be done in lab quality standards for cleanliness. Don’t be surprised if you fail your first time, or get contamination your hundredth time. These are the growing pangs of learning to grow your own mushrooms. It’s 100% going to happen, so get over it now. You might have 1 good jar, you might have 8, but at some point you will get contamination! I’ve been growing mushrooms for years now and still get contamination when I don’t follow the steps. Laziness, and errors lead to contamination. Please use all steps. It will be totally worth it in the end.
We generally say you should use your bags within 4 weeks of arrival, so don’t purchase until you are ready to inoculate, with spores in hand! Any longer and the moisture within the bag may evaporate and then your mycelium may not have enough water to fully colonize the bag. Don’t buy them early, buy your spore syringes or cultures first, then order these. Better to be safe than sorry!
Shelf Life: 4 weeks from date of arrival MAX
Fridge Life: 8 Weeks Max
Usually ships within 3 Business Days – We make all MycoBLOCK™ Bags to order, so that we can offer our clients the freshest product possible!
- Yield Expectancy: 2 oz*** minimum of Dry Mushrooms (Strain Dependent but good average).
- FREE Alcohol Pad & Micropore Tape
- FULL Color Instructions for Inoculation Included.
- MycoMash™ Premium Mushroom Bulker added to mix.
- Easier to add bulk to bulk substrates that the jar PF Teks.
- Great for beginners and veteran growers.
- 4-7 day mycelium growth reported by independent testers.*
- Pressure Sterilized 90 min. @15-17.5 psi or 250°F – 259°F
- Incubation period @ 78°F-80°F from 2-6 weeks*.
*** DO NOT BE FOOLED BY GIMMICKS. IF A MUSHROOM COMPANY SAYS YOU’LL GROW 1LB OF MUSHROOMS, ASK THEM IF THAT’S HARVEST WEIGHT OR DRY WEIGHT. BECAUSE MOST WON’T TELL YOU THEY MEAN WET WEIGHT. WET WEIGHT AND DRY WEIGHT ARE WORLDS APART. IF YOU PULL 1LB WET, YOUR AVERAGE DRY WEIGHT IS MORE LIKE 1-4OZ. DON’T BE THE FOOL! WE WILL ONLY GIVE YOU APPROXIMATE DRY WEIGHTS. WE WILL NEVER SPEAK IN WET WEIGHT. WE ARE HERE TO EARN YOUR TRUST AND YOUR BUSINESS.
* All independent test samples reported to have shown to begin mycelium growth between 4-7 days after injection with spore syringe when inoculating in our Inoculation Station™ inoculation chamber and following our instructions for 8 Steps to success and incubating in a MycoBROODER™ mushroom inoculation chamber. Incubation times varied between 2 – 6 weeks depending on source and methods used. Average incubation period was between 3 & 4 weeks. Those testers who broke their blocks up like grain spawn and flipped their block every day or two allowing the moisture to fall different directions and not dry up had the fastest growth possible and some were able to get their incubation times down to 2 weeks. This isn’t realistic for the average grower as our testers are thorough and make sure they practice the scientific method process and are able to duplicate their results over and over again.